Tuesday, June 10, 2008

UPDATE. This is the latest Jessica and Steven news.

It is hot here. Seriously. Everyday I go outside and I just think "what the heck." The people here say that August is a horrible month. Apparently you just don't go outside. It's just so hot.

hmmmmmmmm. Sounds a little like Edmonton in January. With reverse temperatures of course.

Anyway. The past events of this week have been this:

Last tuesday (June 3rd) : A birthday celebration in the morning for two of the women who came down from Canada with us all. Cupcakes and coffee were on the menu.
-Later on that evening a crazy storm hit us with wind, rain, and hail. It hails here pretty much once a week. People get golfball size hail and never have I seen so many dented vehicles from hail. (This storm happened during our small group time.)

I can barely remember the rest of the week at all actually....
oh yes. Thursday. I went to the zoo with Shauna. It was so hot. Not only was I a sweaty mess, but I drank 3 big water bottles full of water. So I also went to the bathroom 4 times in the span of 2 1/2 hours. Next time I go to the zoo, I go in the morning. We didn't see to many of the animals, I guess they didn't want to be outside either.

Friday Steven, Tim, Shauna, and I all went to a Chinese place called Blue Koi. No Chinese people were working there at all.....But then again we aren't in Edmonton. I have noticed that I rarely see oriental people or middle eastern people here at all. Edmonton is more culturally diverse.

Saturday Steven and I went to see the Chiefs practice, kind of a rally for the fans. That was fun. Then we went to an outdoor waterpark in Independance. We put on lots of sunscreen so we weren't burnt. Then we were really tired and went home and watched a movie. It started raining and hailing again. Good grief. It's too bad we have no place to park our car inside!

Sunday was church, and then Steven and I cleaned the apartment, organized and went through everything we brought down and threw a few things out. We also discovered a few things we wished we wouldn't have brought down and have decided to give it away to Good Will or whatever they have down here. This apartment is small. Which in a way is good. Because we can only bring back what can fit in the Cavalier anyway! At the end of the day, (surprise) a storm with crazy lighting, thunder, and rain came, but no hail this time.

I have the countdown to come back to Edmonton on. 15 days now. Can't wait! That means 19 days till Amy and Aaron's wedding! Woe. That is crazy. I bought a dress yesterday at Target! So I am ready to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess :) - I'd like to say first of all - enjoy the heat while you have it! Sounds impressive that you can go to an outdoor waterpark and not get cold from the sun going behind a cloud or there's a coolness in the wind. But it's also good to know that you're protecting yourself from the heat as well. Are you getting a tan?


I have a few questions -
You drink coffee now? If so, how do you like it?
Did your cavalier get dented from the hail?
What was your zoovenier? & what movie did you see? Interesting about the lack of certain cultures there, oh and
. . . TWO WEEKS!!
Love, Mum

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess. I have your car at the shop. I will check it over for you. Do you still have insurance for it?
Employee changes here. (again) Jon no longer is here. Mitchell quit. We now have Stephen, a black guy from South Africa, and Alec, Chinese fellow. Both guys seem to be working out just fine. Kerry is still here and we are fairly busy. I am looking forward to seeng you again. Just 12 sleeps.
Love Dad S