Friday, June 1, 2007

work? car? home?

Well, the organization I plan to work with has been kinda messing things up, after 700 phone calls every day this week I finally found out why they haven't phoned me. Someone had to leave for the week and left my papers on their desk. Anyway, now I don't start till Tuesday which is good, but it has still been 2 weeks now since I came back from my trip, and not working. Not to mention I didn't work the two weeks before I left because no one would hire me if I was leaving right away. This also makes it impossible to move out or get a car. So moving out will have to wait, (I'm thinking about 2 weeks) and trying to buy a car is now in full swing. I will have to see how this new job goes, two of my friends working in a group home quit on their 2nd and 3rd shifts. So this is not good encouragement. At least I have solace knowing that there are tons of jobs out there, the only issue is how much people pay, which generally in social work, is not very good.

Last night we had a baby shower for Steven's cousins new baby girl! I got her the cutest dress with lady bugs on it and this super soft yellow outfit thingy. It was really nice and while we were there I found out she has a blog! I was so excited, so I'm going to be adding her to my cool person's list! Everyone there was also talking about facebook quite a bit and how it is not restricted by age, everybody has facebook now and it's awesome! Yes, I quite like facebook and blogger. I think its great that people can write things for other people to read, it makes for a very inclusive life.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Enjoy your weekend before going back to work! I hope you end up liking your job.

lj said...

Jessica has disappeared into a void. She no longer exists. We have not heard from her in almost three weeks and so that must mean she is no more...
Hey Jess! Hows it going?