Tuesday, April 24, 2007

resumes, cleaning, & shopping






Ok, so I have less than 2 weeks until the dominican and I am going job hunting today! I'm printing out a few resumes and I dressed up wearing a blue shirt and matching skirt. I am also wearing these cute open-toed summery shoes with white flowers which is exciting because I can switch from the winter-looking business professional black and grey look to more summery-happy but still professsional clothes. My resume is soooooo awesome because I worked hard on it and Steve helped a little bit too. He took a course at the UofA on how to do a resume, so I pretty much have a genius helping me. I kinda want to work with old people, but I seriously don't know what is going to happen today and what is going to strike my fancy. I'm just going to apply everywhere and see what I get. But I'm crossing my fingers for old people.






Every night for the past few nights I have been going over to my future house and cleaning it. There is so much work that needs to be done...last night we did yard work and I cleaned the very dirty bathroom and it is looking soooooo good! Our yard is way nicer than the boy's yard! ha ha. We have young kids living on either side of us and little tiny dogs living on either side of our future home. Our house is probably the least distinguishable house on the whole street! It is so boring! Just that stucko with crushed beer bottles all over it! The funny thing is that on the inside it's a carnival! The walls are all different colors and we have miss-matched everythings because we have so many donations from the grandparents and relatives of my house mates. Everything is very exciting!






Last week the girls, a.k.a. the "womenican of dominican", went out shopping for sundresses and beach attire. It was pretty fun. I picked up some good stuff, makes me way more excited to go now! Yesterday Steve and I went shopping for some more beach attire and the funny thing is that we have these matching hats and shoes.....we are going to be such dorks but that's ok! Marla, if you read this, you have to keep this quiet...you are the only one who reads this out of the fellow travelers and we wanted to keep it secret!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. I love it Jess! I will keep it on the downlow.. but don't you worry.. Jason and I match all the time.. and we don't do it on purpose.. it just happens..

Christina said...

Your life sounds very fun and exciting right now. that sounds cute that you two will be matching. I'll be waiting for some nice pictures from the Dominican, have fun!

Anonymous said...

Have a GREAT trip!! I'm jealous of you! Also, goodluck finding a job... there's lots out there!

Anonymous said...

Hey, can you email me??? (so i can email you) k.schenk@telus.net, I have something I want to ask you.