Wednesday, January 10, 2007

BLIZZARD

Isn't this weather incredible???? Not in a good way though. I turned on the radio this morning and the report was that people were sliding backwards on Dawson's Bridge road because it's so slippery, and that is the road that I take. Not only that but just about EVERY road to get into down town from the east is quite steep so I figured even if I had found an alternate route I would probably still be screwed. The roads were so bad I didn't go to my field placement today. Wednesdays although are generally uneventful, except for that time I went bungee jumping, (I wrote about it in a previous post). Today is a great day to do laundry and clean which is what I have been doing and it feels good. I also am going to do my first assignment that is due in a week from now! I counted it out and I have 18 assignments due this term, the bulk of them are due at the end of March. Even though I could try to start early, lets face it, I have always been a procrastinator and deciding to suddenly try my best might be a shock to the system so I plan on taking it easy. Snow is pretty, but it's always a little bit depressing and worrisome (is that how you spell that??) I find that I'm always worrying (holy cow, I'm horirble at spelling.) about the roads not just when I drive but when other people drive. I always get stressed when I drive in the snow because it is so easy to spin out, especially in miss buick. Hopefully everyone has safe drives to and from wherever they go and that everyone takes it easy! I hope that everyone takes advantage of these snow days and enjoys the great indoors! Drink some tea! Sit near your fire place! Read a book or do a puzzle! Clean your house! (that's not that relaxing, but sometimes people just don't have time when life gets busy, and if your forced to be at home, why not?) lol, can you tell I'm pumped to be at home?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like in your efforts to clean and do laundry you washed my sweater (that was already clean) that i was looking forward to wearing when i got home, but its not dry yet. So thanks.. (for nothing!!!)

Christine said...

Driving into the city yesturday was scary, I thought too since I have to go up the big hill in front of McDougall Church. But they really put the sand down so there was no problem.

jessica said...

that's good, today I drove to school and it was not pleasant, but it was do-able. I'm still glad I didn't go yesterday, besides, it's just field placement.