Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cariboo not accepted here....

So I decided to do some laundry in the basment of the apartment. It is a coin operated laundry machine. I looked through my quarters and found that I was short one american quarter. I was debating going to the store to get change when I had a genious idea! Why not use some of my Canadian quarters that were currently collecting dust? (We found that through all the sorting and moving in, we found some Canadian change that adds up to about $9) So I brought all my laundry downstairs (a load of whites) and put it in the laundry machine with a dash of bleach and put the quarters (and the one Canadian quarter) in their respected slots. Well that did not go over so well. After jamming it up and trying several times to just try to "slam through it"....I realized I wasn't getting anywhere. So.....I took all my laundry out and had to bring it to the laundromat. By the time I washed it the bleach had destroyed our duvet cover, and left some marks on a swim suit, and my favorite capris.

I attempted this quarter exchange last week, yesterday I checked on the washing machine and it had a sign that said :

"Washing machine broken... (coins jammed)"

Well I am certainly not going to complain about the broken washing machine. The brutal part is that the people who run these buildings know that Steven and I moved here from Canada and if I was to complain it would be too easy for them to put 2 and 2 together......

So I have to do my business (laundry business anyway) at the laundromat now....and I don't try to slip any Canadian Cariboo quarters in anymore... I learned my lesson.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my - Jess! Were you able to get your quarters out of there then, or were they already eaten up by the washing machine when you took your laundry out & are in there as evidence!
Too bad about your duvet cover & your fav capris! - What a funny story though!

Anonymous said...

Funny! That really is too bad about your ruined clothes I hate when I get bleach on good clothes. One day when you get a washer and dryer in your own place I'm sure you'll really really appreciate it.

jessica said...

oh let me tell you, I know when the day comes when I own my own washer and dryer I will praise God. And to my mom's question, those quarters were forever lost, gone to the person who probably fished them or pryewd them out of the jammed machine.