Tuesday, March 25, 2008

oh good grief!


This is a picture from my bachelorette with all the cousins! Thought I would throw that in here with the rest of my random post!
Read what I accidentally almost posted on someone's wall. If you read it carefully, it makes me sound so crazy!

"Yeah, school is all done and I graduated from Grant MacEwan from the Social Work program. I worked after school till I got married in a group home and now I technically can't work here at all! "

It makes it sound like I got married in a group home, and not only that I got married in a group home, but because I did, I cannot work in the States! So there is some mixed up thought process! Good thing I read that before I sent that out! When I read it after I wrote it I burst out laughing! How embarrassing! I will be asked if I had the ceremony in a group home, and what kind of a person would do that anyway? So strange. So there is a mistake for you to laugh at!

Today Steven and I had lunch, I made him a lunch and brought it over to him. It was pretty tasty and Steven ate whole wheat brown bread! I was pretty excited about that. Although the bread here is considerably sweeter here than in Canada, it is something that I keep noticing.

Also, the drivers are so angry all the time! Everybody honks at eachother, and it's not like Canada, people here honk ALL the time for anything! driving too close, not moving exactly when the light is green, all that kind of stuff. Makes me a very scared pedestrian. Although I wouldn't compare it to the Carribean countries who just honk their horn for honking sake, the people here are actually pissed!
So two American insights for the day. The bread here is made with more sugar, and the drivers are considerably more angry than in Edmonton.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey kitten, I caught what you had said right away about getting married in the group home itself & was laughing my head off here at work! Interesting facts about the bread & the honking! oh, & also cute picture :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess, Love the picture -- what a great backdrop as well--- looks like a big city! Interesting facts about the drivers etc. Make sure you look both ways before crossing the road and don't assume that drivers will stop for you! ( my auntie advice for the day (:>)

Anonymous said...

They might just honk as they drive over you!

jessica said...

yeah no kidding! I am super careful whenever I cross the street, I mostly run across the road! So freaky! Thanks for the Auntie Advice!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess!! Great to see the pictures of the apartment on the blog! I can't wait for more to come. So is the white bread sweeter too or just the brown bread?

jessica said...

All the bread! ESPECIALLY pizza bread though, it's confusing...your eating your crust and then your like, am I eating pastry or pizza?