Thursday, March 27, 2008

Good Evening to you all

Hello! Today I made Steven lunch, (this is a recurrent request from him) and I really don't mind making him lunch as long as he is patient if I'm late to meet him at his work. After the lunch with the rest of his co-workers, Christina and I (another wife) decided to walk "Truffles" (their dog) and pick up some stuff for the home at Target. It was my first time at Target, and I was quite overwhelmed (It was a super-target, not that different from a super-walmart.) Except it looked a little like a department store. They had 33 tills with about only 5 cashiers available to serve us. It had a pizza hut, starbucks, and another restaurant that I cannot remember. (CRAZY BIG!) Anyway, we had some delicious starbucks and I had a Cinnamon Dolce Latte, thought you might want to know! (It was abnormally platable! (acceptable or agreeable to the palate or taste; savory: "palatable food.") So maybe that latte wasn't savory per say but it was a tasty treat..tasty enough to get recognition in a blog! Ok, ANYWAY, we shopped around this extravagantly large and profusely vast target for a few hours....and I picked out some really nice dish sets and the cutest glass pitcher, I just had to get it! Yup, Target is an interesting place.

Steven and I both have been asked why in the world we would move to Kansas City, coming from Canada. The people just say, "what? isn't that place supposed to be so much better than here??" One lady even asked why in the world Kansas City.....I have yet to quite understand these comments....Kansas City is not the greatest place I have personally ever been to....but it is so much different from home. It really isn't that bad. But I will give everyone more of an opinion once I have been here longer than 2 weeks.....considering I have only been here for a mere week and 3 days....oh dear....I'm starting to miss home....not the weather....just the people.

So on that sad note.....

Aloha.....which means hello and good-bye! which means apsolutly nothing.

p.s. Steven and I are a few blocks away from 2 liquor stores.....which are the same chain under the same name. "Berbiglia" Isn't that a crazy name??? It is spelt how you say it. Whenever we talk about Berbiglia we often say it several times because the name is so strange! Berbiglia Berbiglia Berbiglia..........Berbiglia Berbiglia Berbiglia..........Berbiglia Berbiglia Berbiglia..........ok I'll stop!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess, Great to here that you're enjoying all the shopping. Are you going to post some pictures of all the cool things you're getting?

Bea

jessica said...

yes eventually! I just have to take some pictures when the apartment is in decent shape! Maybe sometime this weekend or maybe on monday....I don't want to spend too much time on the internet when I have Steven all day saturday and sunday!

Anonymous said...

i do like the lunches, also i think that was a lot of talk about shopping! uhoh, well i hope you are having fun, also berbiglias are my favorite stores, i havent decided which one i like more yet.

- steven

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica & Steve
I see that you like shopping at Berbiglias. It looks like you stopped there on the way home from work after reading your last blog. Don't they both sell the same stuff? Any way I hope Jess is not a bad influence for you. lol.Hope you have a good weekend. Love Dad.

Anonymous said...

That's a great post, girls like to here about shopping even if it's buying a juice jug.

Sounds like your having fun minus the homesickness. I would be very homesick just reading about you in another place gives me that homesick feeling in my stomach.

Although I think it is an experience you should embrace and I'm sure your learning a whole lot.

Christina

jessica said...

Yeah.....I'm feeling pretty home sick actually these days. pray for us please!

Anonymous said...

Awww Jess,

I love reading your blog, makes me feel like you are still at the girls house, telling me stories when you get home and I am sleeping on the couch :) I'm glad things are going well and that you are having a good time shopping and making your house into a home! we all miss you and love you lots!!

Kylie