Tuesday, December 18, 2007

News from Kansas City

So Steven left for Kansas City on Sunday to return on friday. This is what Steven has written me on his first impressions of Kansas City in a facebook message:

hey i'm here. the trees arn't that massive and the city is quite nice. it appears to be a lot like edmonton, but i havent seen much of it yet. the people are nice and the work setup is pretty cool. today they had chicken and salad and buns for lunch. there are some people that barely have accents but really it's not noticable. today we ate at a seafood resturrant where they fly all the fish in fresh and reprint the menu everyday with the fresh fish. i ate fresh rainbow trout from idaho and it was delicious. well i will tlak to yuou later, love you and wish you were here!

Just in case anyone is wondering how he is doing, now you know!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds real nice Jess :) Maybe it won't be so "h-a-a-t" there afterall! The restaurant Steven went to with the fish sure sounds wonderful as well!!

jessica said...

yeah, maybe I will go for rainbow trout from Idaho some day, who knows!

Anonymous said...

I googled Kansas City and the pics that I saw showed it as being similar to Edmonton --- of course you truly won't know until you live there! Everywhere I hear stuff now about Kansas City --- Christine said this to me too and I told her that Jeapordy even had a category called Kansas City! and she had seen it too!!

jessica said...

I know it's like the only thing I hear as well! It's crazy! Kansas City is reported as having freakishly snowy weather conditions....and I bought this book and it said published in Kansas City! It's like what the heck!