Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas Bake Day!


For the first time in a long time I am excited about seeing the snow. It doesn't bother me really very much to have to take extra time to drive in it or to be so careful all the time. I did almost get into two accidents on separate occassions this past week. And still the snow is not really stressing me out very much. I guess because the sooner the snow comes and things start getting cold the sooner the wedding! I find myself wanting to go swimming all the time lately - so that I can sit in the hot tub and finally get warm! It seems like a shower just doesn't cut it these days for getting you warm!
I am missing out on the annual christmas girls party with my highschool friends (that actually started in junior high.) I have not missed a year since then and am feeling a little sad about it. Sometimes having to work friday and sautday nights is not always that great! Oh well, at least I can see them the next week at bible study.

Last sunday we had a really fun time doing some christmas baking with my bible study friends and cousins! We made christmas trees (coconut/white chocolate), gingerbread men, sugar cookies with icing, gingersnaps, and candycane shortbread! DELICIOUS! And it was so much fun! Thanks to everyone who made the treck out to St. Albert for that! It was a really great day! Here are some pictures I stole from facebook! Thanks Erin!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed bake day as well, the cookies were very delicious, and the grey cup was exciting.

Anonymous said...

Your Christmas Bake Day sounds like fun Jess. The cookies look pretty inviting. - & I'm with you on the snow not stressing me out alot this year, but then again we haven't had vast amounts either.

Steve what would you call the day -TV mania? JK - LOL (Andy says)

Christina said...

It all looks great and so much fun! Superstore even looks quiet from the picture. How did you girls manage to do all that baking in one kitchen with so many?

I understand the weekend thing, I often only have only ONE weekend off a month. I've missed SO many events. If I was not a mom I would not be doing it anymore.