Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sunday's Hike


So on sunday I proposed to some friends that we go on a hike. We discussed places that are close to edmonton to hike rather than the mountains. Although the mountains would be ideal for hiking considering the majestic beauty of it all, I just wanted somewhere that didn't require any gas. So we went to Elk Island Park for a 10k hike. It took us 2 hours and 45 minutes! We were pretty tired by the end of it, and I just laughed so much because Steven was considering going hiking on the long weekend, as in hike with your backpack to the place you want to sleep and the only stuff you have is the stuff you carry on your back. It would involve hiking all three days of the long weekend and hiking for most of the day. He was considering this and I told him that he should. I have never heard him complain so much as on this hike, holy moley. He kept saying "well I definitly made up my mind about the long weeknd!" He HATED it, and it was only 10k. I seriously do hope that I can at least once go hiking in the mountains this summer some time, maybe with Steve if he can handle it!

2 comments:

lj said...

Sounds like a fun hike, despite the complaints! Elk Island is beautiful so good choice!

Anonymous said...

ya it was actually really nice and there is so much selection for hiking trails!