Wednesday, March 7, 2007

laptops


I got TWO assignments done today! woooowoooo! Tomorrow is D-day. I have the biggest presentation of my life happening tomorrow and I'm a little nervous. I can't wait for it to be over. It is definitly that time of year. All I can think about is school. Sometimes I phone Steve and get sad because I haven't seen him....but then I get back to doing my homework. I haven't worked out in a month. I've been eating a lot of chocolate and gaining weight. I do my own make-shift yoga in my bedroom before bed and when I wake up in the morning....basically the same stretches that we did in grade 10 gym class, but I call it yoga. I rented a laptop from the school to motivate me to do my homework because I have to pay per day. Too bad $5000 dollars for tuition and $1000 for text books hasn't done that already....but I sat in second cup and worked hard for a couple hours with my lap top that has my school name written in big letters across the back. So this is good. I like working in Starbucks and Second Cup. I like how there are alot of conversations going on at once and it's impossible to follow just one, and not to mention the loudness of the blenders and other coffee equipment, and then the music that I have never heard before. All this ambiant noise makes me very happy. Not to mention I always drink a latte while typing away on my laptop. Of course that doesn't help with the whole gaining weight thing. Tomorrow I have to hand the laptop back to the library of my school, but I might not and just keep it for a few more days. Anyway, I'm going to start on more homework. This lady with her laptop is soo happy. That's how I feel with a laptop and now I want one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are SO close to the end!! What big presentation do you have?? I'm curious... I think i might find working in Starbucks WAY to much of a distraction to actually get work done. My favourite place is at the kitchen table with my books spread ALL over (when I was home alone of course). I invested in a laptop for school...if I had to do it again I might of just bought a computer... it just sits on my desk at home anyways.

Christine said...

Good luck on your presentation and with the yoga routine.....I perfer the quiet study area otherwise no work would ever happen for me

jessica said...

I have a DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder)(also known as multiple personality disorder) presentation in Mental Health class. But now I must go to class!

Anonymous said...

I agree, Starbucks and Second Cup are such relaxing places. Unless it's packed, then it's just a mad house! But I love sitting in Second Cup on my breaks, just reading my book. I can't imagine doing homework in there though!