Wednesday, January 24, 2007

So it's definitly wednesday and the middle of the week. I have homework to do and am putting it off by writing a blog. I just have to say that today I am so ridiculously tired! The whole day was just a battle to keep my eyes open. Good grief.
Last night Steven, Rob, Leigh-anne, and I went to the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra Video Game Music Production. It was really fun, everyone enjoyed the show immensly. The crowd that this event attracted was mainly geeks. I have never seen so many nerds in one place, but then again, I have never been to the UofA Engineering Program Buildings. I know what your thinking! Yes I have been to Steven's (semi) passion, the Computing Science Program buildings, and it was seriously nerdy, but not as many people take Computing Science as Engineering. So this overwhelming amount of nerds filled up the entire Jubilie Auditorium. So much Sci-Fi. Wow. They had a big screen that would show images and animation of the video game that we were listening to. So many massive creatures with huge arms and teeny heads. And also so many purple transparent women in so many of the games. I know what your thinking - weird. I enjoyed the Super Mario Brother's Theme song and the Zelda them song. Funny how the same guy wrote both of them. Anyway it was a super fun night and a unique way to express music through video games!
One of my personal favorite parts was (you know when Mario goes underground through a pipe? And the music changes to: dana dana dana.....dana dana dana.....) ya, the whole symphony orchestra did that, I guess it's funny to watch old people play video game music on their cellos, violins, and other instruments.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Sounds like a blast....were the songs stuck in your head for a long time??

Anonymous said...

yes they were it was ridiculous! the mario brother's theme song was stuck in my head for so long because they played it twice at the concert. It was fun though.

lj said...

Wow that actually sounds really fun. When I read the ESO was doing a show on gaming or whatever I just passed it by with no interest, but it actually sounds really neat!