Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Looking forward to the end of my shift....boxing day celebrations!

Ok, so yesterday the kids came about 10 minutes afer I wrote that post...and then it was even sadder. they were just so hyper and they were pushing limits and I was by myself.....augh. So today has been another amazing day at the group home. (sarcasm) One of our girls has been trying to convince me that just washing her hair is as good as having a shower...so that's been interesting. The boy that we have here is supposed to clean up his room today. We just finished and it took us (I helped him, he needed it) coming up on an hour and a half. I feel like I should be almost done my shift when I have only completed only two hours of it - another 4 to go. Anyway. Today is boxing day and I actually am thankful for this 8-2 shift because now I can celebrate boxing day with Steven's mom's side of the family, (yesterday was his dad's.) Should be fun, it always is. Anyway. I needed to vent about work. Right now I hear the shower being turned on and off and banging in the bathroom, so who knows what is going on in there with that girl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Jess! Your shift doesn't sound 1/2 bad! 8 - 2, Glad to "hear" (read) that you had a nice time yesterday with Steve's family yesterday! TTYL kitten, Love, Mum

Honey Honey said...

Crazy non shower taking room cleaning help needing group home children. I'm sure you brighten their days. :)