Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A very dirty buick = unwelcome company

So the most ridiculous thing happened this past weekend! On friday night Steven dropped me off at my house, and just as we were going up the driveway, a MOOSE jumped out in front of us! It was rather scary and Steve was so scared that he had to come through MY door to the house because the moose was staring us down! The next morning I go outside to my car and I see all these smudges all over it! My car was super dirty and it wasn't till later that I realized that not only was there dirt on my car, but there was also ROAD SALT! THE MOOSES WERE LICKING MY CAR. So apparently my dad says he saw two mooses hanging around my car the night before. My car is completly disgusting. There is tongue marks and dirt all over the windows, trunk, front, headlights, and DOORKNOBS! (sick! moose saliva on my door handle!) They licked my headlights clean and I no longer need my brights on to shine through the dirt. Well, that is definitly natures hint for me to wash my car! Sorry for the lack of picture, I don't have a camera handy in the daylight hours, but I will arange this and hopefully post the picture soon! So you think that I might have learned my lesson by now, but the car is still a filthy mess and now I like showing off the lick marks. I tell the story to everyone I know, and now you, dear reader, have heard as well!

5 comments:

This Guy said...

It would've been a better story if the moose had flipped your car over or something. But I suppose moose licks are funny too... moose are scary though. I got within like a foot of one once because I was biking home at the acreage and I wasn't paying attention and thought it was a horse (then I realized horses didn't have antlers as I passed it, so I cooked it home before it could gore or stomp me).

Christine said...

at least you don't have to clean your car for a while...moose are scary and big and run fast, my brother was charged once

Anonymous said...

Well, as you know, we have an attachment to moose as well, and anything to attract them to our yard during hunting season of course is a bonus -- maybe we'll have to have you park a very dirty, salt stained vehicle on our property next September so the men around here can get another one in our freezer! So don't wash it for nine months?! . . . . . .

jessica said...

hey that's no problem! When I move out I don't get to keep the car so I will park it over at your house and if you do get a moose you will owe me some sausage alright!

Anonymous said...

Hey good idea Jessica! & because it's not really your car, maybe we could have a roast as well!
- Mom